To be honest with you, March Madness began the last week of February this year. For those of you who have no idea why March deserves the descriptor "Madness," let me break it down for you:
1. Preview Day
2. Welcome Weekend
- host recruitment (need enough for potential 90 visiting students)
- host training
- Welcome Weekend itself: March 22-23. Hours spent sleeping = 0. 5 hour energy drinks consumed = 4
- recruit ambassadors for next year (ads, etc)
- receive/ look over applications
5. Midterm, Major Paper (x2), and major project.
6. Weekly branch mission meetings.
7. Facebook updates for VIC.
8. Weekly (?) articles for the Student's Life 101 online magazine.
So, that's just a quick look. Chances are, I'll sign on for more things...because, well I'm crazy.
March Madness isn't just a crazy schedule. It is a state of being one enters into in which the only cure are a few good stress-induced cries, catatonic staring at a wall or the blessed day of April 1.